Hatch 9 Plus Finatic Gen 2 Fly Reels
The NEW Generation 2 Finatic fly reel – an evolutionary update from the original tried and true Finatic. Consistent with uncompromising commitment to premium quality, there have been several significant performance improvements and aesthetic enhancements including: new 9 Window frame design, non-reflective mist finish, non stick cranks, concave frame design for additional weight relief, and teflon lip seals that add a whole new level of protection against the elements.
- Incorporating a mist finish on our entire line up of reels. Misting creates smoother edges and provides for a more consistent non-reflective finish throughout. Plus it looks pretty damn cool!
- The Gen 2 Finatic incorporates an Ultraflon sleeve that covers the aluminium shaft and separates it from the aluminium crank handle to eliminate the chance for galvanic corrosion, so your crank will spin effortlessly for years to come.
- You might have noticed from the photos that the back plate has gone from 7 spoke in the Gen 1 Finatic to 9 spoke in the Gen 2. What you probably didn’t notice is that Hatch have created a concave surface inside of the frame as well. By adding two extra arms in the frame it allows us to eliminate unnecessary weight through this feature, thereby making the reel lighter without sacrificing any strength.
- Over the past few years Hatch have seen some big changes in fly fishing. Specifically, the amount of time anglers spend in the water in pursuit of fish. It’s an exciting time for sure, and it’s forced them to reimagine how their reels are sealed in extreme environments. For 2018 added lip seals and sealed bearings to all our reels as a one two punch to protect against the elements and add a whole new level of water protection.
- A bomb proof frame to spool connection is essential for maintaining strength, and true-spin consistency
- The reel seat is a Hatch signature and they’re sticking to it. A solid is always stronger than two parts attached by screws. By doing this it eliminates the common problem of screws rotting from corrosion and becoming loose.
- Keep those hooks tucked into the arbor of the reel and out of the way of your hands.
- MULTI-DISC DRAG cassette comprised of Rulon® and precision stamped stainless steel discs is employed in all models. With multi-disc drag, you are applying breaking pressure and heat dispersion over several surfaces, virtually eliminating start up inertia and stick slip problems.
Where the rubber meets the road my friends! If you’ve been dreaming of a reel that has the look, feel and performance of a Ferrari, then look no further. Capable of running 9 - 12 weight lines, and your choice of mid or large arbor spools, this reel is one versatile hombre.
BACKING CAPACITY: Hatch Premium Large Arbor: WF10F+220yds
Hatch Premium Mid Arbor: WF10F+280yds
Stock Colours: GREY/BLACK, CLEAR/BLUE, CLEAR/GREEN, CLEAR/RED
Special Order Colours: CLEAR/BLACK, BLACK/SILVER
Special Order Colours: GREY/BLACK, CLEAR/BLUE, CLEAR/GREEN, CLEAR/RED, CLEAR/BLACK, BLACK/SILVER